Remember to partner up with 3 or 4 of your classmates and bring a Pie for class tomorrow. I will NOT be able to store it for you during the day so please plan accordingly. I will have plates, napkins, forks and serving utensils. See you tomorrow!
I realize that there are still a few weeks, but only a few of you have signed up so far – I am expecting that all of you take an AP Calculus Exam – whether that it is the AB or the BC Exam.
Have a great weekend!
Chapter 9 Tests are posted…..bring 10.1 HW tomorrow. Since last weekend was a (cough, cough) no homework weekend (you got enough of them with the snow days!), I will count the 1st 10.1 as extra credit.
So you must have completed the assignment from 2/19/2019 to get the extra credit for the 2/14/2019 assignment. See below.
We made it to Chapter 10! We will spend about 15-20 minutes with Geometric series and start 10.1, then the remainder of class will be the Chapter 9 test/Quest.
I looked at the packet we started last class and I want to change a few things, so I will have a new one for you today. In addition, I did update the retakes scores from last Friday. All of you either stayed the same or did better and the questions were a little harder.
See you soon!
Sooooo, we need work on limits, continuity and differentiability We will go over them tomorrow in class and we will do a retake on Friday at the end of the period or after class. I will replace the grade.
Here is everything for Sequences and L’Hôpital’s (Also written L’Hôspital’s) Rule for finding indeterminate limits. Please note that L’Hôpital’s is extremely important for “laying groundwork” for Chapter 10 on Series and convergence which is often one of, if not, the most difficult Chapter for students. Please make sure you spend the time to understand it.
- Blank Notes Page for those of you who like to write your own notes.
- Completed Notes Page to accompany video.
- I broke it down into 4 videos….each one gets shorter!
1. AP problems are due on Monday when we return AND we will have the Chapter 8 Test on Monday also, so please use your time wisely over the next 6 days and stay warm and safe!
2. Obviously with the incoming cold weather we need to make some adjustments to the schedule – which I already have completed on the class calendar. Missing 1 day is not too much of a problem, but missing 2 creates some problems with time during AP Review time, since the AP Exam date is fixed. How can we time travel and make up time? I am going to create a few video(s) for the 2nd Day of Chapter 9.1 on Sequences (we started at the end of last class) and the start of 9.2 on L’Hopital’s Rule – which is extremely important. I will send you a copy of the completed notes page to accompany the video(s). This will help “recover” one of the days. My expectation is that you will watch and learn from the video(s). There will also be an assignment that relates to the video which will be due on Wednesday of next week (after the test)……so you can watch the videos anytime, but the assignment will be due on Wednesday, February 6th. If you look at the calendar, it already reflects these changes. You may need to move forward on the calendar to see the month of February. Calendar.
3. I should have the video(s) and notes completed and posted for you by Friday along with the assignment – which is already on the calendar.
Hopefully we will all be able to manage all of this. Hopefully your AP problems are almost complete and you are in pretty good shape for the chapter test.
Stay Warm (or try to) and have safe few days off! please email me if you have any questions.
There will be a non-calculator part of the test. Topic: Limits (limits at a point and limits as we approach +/- infinity), continuity and differentiability.
Quizzes are posted. The plan for tomorrow is:
1. I will give quizzes back tomorrow
2. Short chapter review (so please bring your questions)
3. Then we will start chapter 9 on Sequences.
I added a 5 question half sheet of integration and differentiation problems to the quiz today which are non-calculator….. might even be some multiple choice today.
I was out with the flu yesterday and I have been out so far today. My plan was to be here for last block, but that is not going to happen on my end and I don’t want any of you to get it either!
Please bring your books to class and work on the assignment that is due next class or your AP Problems Set.
Have a great weekend!
New Seat Day (or Pick Your Seat Day) on Wednesday.
1. First-come First serve and no saving of seats.
2. YOU MAY NOT SIT IN THE SAME SEAT AS BEFORE!
3. If you sat at a table last semester, you may not this semester.
4. Sit in a different row.
See you Wednesday!
Yes, the sun is setting on the semester…..
Chapter 7 tests are posted…….Remember the AP Problem set you turned in awhile ago???…..well, I still have not graded yet. THEY WILL BE DONE THIS WEEK. So sorry.
I hope you enjoyed your snow day and got a little extra rest today! Below is a link to the notes from Friday and the key to the remaining Differential Equation problems that I asked you to complete from the packet. See you all tomorrow!
- Bring last 2 assignments.
- We start Chapter review tomorrow, quiz and finish the review on Monday….Chapter test on Wednesday of next week.
- Quiz may be a little longer that 1st one. What will be on it? Whatever I feel like! no, seriously: 1st and 2nd Fund. Theorem, Trap Rule, Properties of integrals, average value and maybe Reimann sums.
Bring your chapter 6 homework tomorrow. I just posted the non-calculator part of the test. Sorry for the weird scores, but I proportioned up the scores from out of 21 to out of 30. Percentage is the same I just want Chapter tests to be out of 50 points.
If you did not finish your test (sub was supposed to have you stay and finish on Thursday when I was not here), you MUST finish it tomorrow (Monday) during seminar – I will begin grading after seminar.